- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts or walnuts
- 4 cups fresh basil or parsley or arugula, loosely packed
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove
- coarse salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
2. In food processor, combine nuts, basil, parsley, or arugula, Parmesan, and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Process until finely chopped. With the machine running, pour olive oil in a steady stream through feed tube; process until smooth. (I skipped the two parts and blended it all at once. Seemed to work as well.)
Much nicer. Best of all it's freezable which means you can save it for January.